You must be a member of CPRA to apply!
Deadline has been extended to May 14, 2018 for ALL CPRA Scholarships!
All applicants will be notified the by June 15th.
Karon Badalamenti Change Agent Scholarship
- In honor of the passing of Karon Badalameni, CPRE, (1961 - 2014), a professional development scholarship of up to $500 will be awarded annually through the dedicated Badalamenti Scholarship Fund (sponsored by Greenplay, GP RED, and private donations) for a parks and recreation and/or allied professional or student to attend a professional development opportunity offered by Colorado Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA).
MSU Denver New Certification Scholarship
- The MSU Denver New Certification Scholarship is for Metropolitan State University of Denver senior students on internship or alumni from the Recreation Professions (formerly Leisure Studies) Program. The goal of this scholarship is to help MSU alumni gain new certifications and in turn advance in their careers. Scholarships will be awarded annually through the dedicated MSU Denver New Certification Scholarship Fund to a Colorado Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA) Ally, Professional or Student member. Scholarship funds must be put towards new certification within the recreation profession.
A maximum of 2 Scholarship(s) will be awarded with total allocation not to exceed $500 per scholarship.
2018 Professional Development Scholarships
- The Gallup*Darrow*Chester Scholarship was established to honor the memory of Virginia Seth Gallup, (1899-1995) grandmother of the originator of this fund, Catherine Virginia Darrow and her husband, William Spencer Chester, who currently reside in Evergreen, Colorado. This Fund is authorized to recognize this extraordinary woman who earned her college degree in the 1920’s at a time when it was rare for women to attend college. Virginia Seth Gallup believed in the power of a college education to the extent that she provided the funds for all of her seven grandchildren to attend college. After graduating from Glocester College with a degree in Public Administration, Virginia Seth Gallup raised a family and served as superintendent of the Talbot County Schools in the State of Maryland. To be eligible for a Gallup*Darrow*Chester Scholarship an applicant must be a member in good standing of CPRA at the time of application and be currently employed in a professional parks and recreation position. Please note that priority for the Gallup*Darrow*Chester scholarship funding will be given to members who are currently serving / have served CPRA or CPRA Foundation via committees, section involvement or board appointment.
The GDC Scholarship(s) will be awarded in 2018 with total allocation not to exceed $1,000. In some cases, more than one scholarship of lower dollar amounts may be awarded.
Section Sponsored Scholarships
- Each CPRA Section provides one $500 Section Scholarship annually. These scholarship funds may be used to cover professional development expenses related to the recipients work in the Parks & Recreation field. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be actively involved in the Section and be a CPRA member in good standing.
Scholarships will be awarded in 2018 for funding up to $500.
NEW!! CPRA Sponsored Scholarships
- Starting in 2018, CPRA is offering two scholarships, up to $500 each for Professional CPRA Members in good standing to enhance their professional development in the field of Parks & Recreation. These scholarships can be used both for CPRA events and non-CPRA training. These scholarship funds may be used to cover professional development expenses related to the applicants work in the Parks & Recreation field.
Two scholarships will be awarded in 2018 for funding up to $500.
Are you interested in supporting CPRA Scholarships for Professional Development? Please consider donating and let us know if there is a particular scholarship program you prefer to support!