Colorado Parks and Recreation Association Awards
The Colorado Parks and Recreation Association Awards Program is designed to recognize and celebrate the individuals and organizations that contribute to the success and value of parks and recreation in the state of Colorado. Designed to bring attention to its recipients, the awards program highlights the successes of association members and community champions. The sharing of new and creative programs is an additional benefit of involvement in the awards program.
Excellence in parks and recreation is visible in many places. We encourage you to take notice of the parks and recreation programs, professionals and community champions that deserve recognition...nominate them for an award!
General Awards Information
Call for Nominations (coming soon!)
- This award is designed to recognize an individual or organization within your community who is truly a Park and Recreation Champion!
Divided into three sub-categories, these awards are designed to highlight best practices and creative ideas in regards to design, innovation and programming. Please see each category for specific criteria.
- Design may include either new or renovated, park or recreation facility design projects.
- Innovation may include marketing ideas, technology advances, communication, 'green' practices, partnerships, or operations - whatever you deem to be your best innovation!
- Programming may include any program or initiative that is creative, fresh and new.
For CPRA professional members only, the Fellow and Outstanding New Professional awards highlight individuals who exemplify leadership, inspiration and noteworthy contributions to the park and recreation profession.
Each recipient of a CPRA award will receive:
- Statewide recognition at the 2019 CPRA Annual Conference Awards Banquet, Thursday, October 10, 2019 in Vail, CO
- Statewide recognition in the 2019 Winter Issue of the CPRA Byline and on the CPRA website, www.cpra-web.org
- CPRA representative may be available to re-present the Award at a local event
- An entry into our CPRA Awards Hall of Fame
Award Nomination Deadline
More information coming soon!
Award Committee Decisions
Nominations will be collected by the CPRA office, compiled and then reviewed by the CPRA Awards Committee. Only complete nominations will be considered. The Awards Committee reserves the right to relocate a nomination to a more appropriate category without notifying the nominee and may give awards if nominations are deemed appropriate. An award recipient in every category is not required nor guaranteed. Committee decisions are final.
Contact the CPRA office at 303.231.0943 or firstname.lastname@example.org