This course is currently full. There is another course and exam scheduled for April 21-23 in Commerce City. Follow the link below for more information.
This course is the most comprehensive training program on playground hazard identification & risk management methods offered. Advanced reading and 10 hours of training will prepare you for the Certified Playground Safety Inspector Exam scheduled at the culmination of this certification course.
Program Highlights Include:
- Injury Statistics
- History of Playground Equipment
- Hazard Identification
- Safe Surfacing Materials
- Playground Equipment Accessibility
- Off-Site Park Inspection
- Safety Management
- Audit Objectives & Procedures
- Maintenance Procedures & Standards
- Question & Answer Session
- Exam Study Time
Who should attend?
Administrators, Supervisory Personnel, Public Works, Planning Dept, Grounds & Maintenance, Engineers & Architects, Playground Equipment Reps, Operators of Playgrounds in parks, schools, summer camps, day camps & daycare centers.
Included in your Registration-
All Course Study Materials (not included if you're only taking the exam)
Lunch on Wednesday and Thursday
Registration fees- $450 for the course and $145 for the exam. Registration ends on February 21 or when the class is full. Space is limited to 80 participants.
Schedule at a Glance:
Course – Wednesday, March 18 and Thursday, March 19
- Check In – 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday
- Class Schedule – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day
- Meals – We will provide lunch and snacks on Wednesday and Thursday
- Course Materials – Don’t forget to bring your course materials to reinforce the lecture content
- Playground Inspection – An outdoor playground inspection is included and will be performed on Tuesday afternoon.
Exam –Friday,March 20
- Check In – 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a. m.
- Exam Schedule – 9:00 .a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Requirements – Individuals taking the exam must present TWO current forms of identification- one with a signature and another with a photo. Test proctors cannot permit admittance into the exam without TWO current forms of identification. Please note that course materials are not permitted for use during the exam.
The Holiday Inn Express Golden is located approx. 10 minutes from the course location. Contact the hotel directly to make reservations.
Holiday Inn Express
17140 W Colfax Ave, Golden, CO 80401(303) 278-2388
Pre-Course Study Materials
You will receive course study materials approximately 30 days before the course. It is extremely important that you read the course materials prior to attending the class. Failure to study the materials commonly leads to failure of the exam.
Those taking the course are eligible, but must register to take the optional exam on Wednesday. Participants who successfully pass the exam will be considered a Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) and will be added to the national registry. Re-certification is required every 3 years. You may elect to retake the course and exam or the exam only (if within your 3 year renewal period.)
The option to take the CPSI exam via computer based testing is now available through NRPA. To obtain additional information please visit www.nrpa.org under CPSI. Please be advised if you register to take the examination with the course, you will not receive a refund to take your initial exam via computer based testing at a later date. Please decide now if you want to take the exam on Day 3 of the course or via a Computer Based Exam at a later date.
A candidate who has a disability may request a special accommodation; the request must be submitted in writing at the time of course or exam registration. The request form is available online at www.nrpa.org/cpsi In order to properly accommodate all persons with disabilities, it is recommended that all requests be made 45 days prior to the scheduled date for the course and exam.
English as second language (ESL) candidates may request a time extension and/or the use of a strict translation dictionary. Request forms/fees must be submitted to NRPA no less than 30 days prior to the exam. The request form is available online at www.nrpa.org/cpsi.