Re-Inventing Senior Services Reinvent: 1. “to make over completely” 2. “to make as if for the first time something already invented.” Are you keeping up with and applying current research on perceptions of aging? Are your centers and programs really meeting the needs of the community you serve? Do you struggle to attract “Boomers” and new patrons?
Join Dinah Pollard, Resource Coordinator for Lafayette Senior Services and former CTRS, as she takes you through her 5-step Re-Invention process designed to spark creativity, generate novel solutions, and breathe new life into your services and centers. This program is relevant for those who work with older adults, as well as CTRS’s and general recreation coordinators.
Registration fee includes 0.1 CEUs.
AAPS Section meeting will follow the presentation.
January 31, 2020
Approve of September Meeting Minutes
Election of Chair Elect Officer
Idea Exchange – March 27
CPRA Board Updates
· To increase participation in membership, meetings, events, etc.
o welcome letter to new members and a thank you letter to veteran members
o annual satisfaction survey
o Post annual events/topics on CPRA calendar and community board
· Implement a topic of discussion at three AAPS meetings. Seek AAPS members to lead these discussions. Utilize Zoom at the meetings
· Make the July meeting a CEU opportunity and a two-hour event.
· offer one Lunch & Learn event per year. Research speakers and sponsors for the events.
· offer Idea Exchange event and seek sponsorship for the event.
· Create opportunities for inter-agency and inter-section collaborations.
· Tentatively plan on collaborating with PLAAY for the January 2021 Tradeshow with AAPS portion/booths.
· Increase promotion and participation in the AAPS awards
o Mention at all meetings, Lunch & Learns, holiday gathering, and include in the quarterly CPRA Section Rep email updates.
o Re-structure the award submission process (folks can elect themselves and include their supervisors LOR).
o Inquire if CPRA can send email to members with all section awards and dates.
o Open in July, Push at the July meeting, Due mid-August.
· Find $500-$1000 sponsor to pay for the CPRA Conference for the AAPS award winners.
· submit at least two topics for the CPRA conference.