|MSU Denver New Certification Scholarship|
MSU Denver New Certification Scholarship
The MSU Denver New Certification Scholarship is for Metropolitan State University of Denver senior students on internship or alumni from the Recreation Professions (formerly Leisure Studies) Program. The goal of this scholarship is to help MSU alumni gain new certifications and in turn advance in their careers. A maximum of 2 Scholarships, with an allocation not exceeding $500 each will be awarded annually through the dedicated MSU Denver New Certification Scholarship Fund to a Colorado Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA) Ally, Professional or Student member. Scholarship funds must be put towards new certification within the recreation profession. Donations to the scholarship fund can be made to CPRA, contact email@example.com or call 303-231-0943 to pay by credit card.
Applications are due April 30th annually.
Requirements for Recipients:
· Ally, Professional, or Student member in good standing with the association.
· MSU senior student enrolled academically in internship course or alumni.
· Awards to be used for new certification fees only.
· Awards allocated on a reimbursement basis only.
· Awards may cover up to 90% of the cost and may not exceed $500.
· Funds must be used within 2 years.
· Submittal of all questions and application material electronically by application deadline.
How to apply:
Applications for the MSU Denver Professional Alumni Scholarship (up to $500 each) are due April 30th annually and winner(s) will be notified no later than June 15th. (These dates are subject to change in future years.)
Applicants must be a current member of CPRA and applications with all supporting documentation must be submitted electronically via the form below.
Submittals will be reviewed by the Review Committee. Incomplete applications will not be held for supporting documentation and will not be considered. Additional scholarships may be made available as funding allows.
To apply please submit the following information and documents in the form below:
· Answers to the following questions (maximum of 600 words total for all answers):
o What certification program will this scholarship be used for and how will the certification help further your career within the recreation field?
o Why do you want to attend and achieve this certification?
o How will this scholarship help you attend, instead of making your own full personal or professional investment in this certification opportunity?
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-231-0943